You can create Reports and Dashboards in Salesforce using your Viewpath project and task data. Click on Reports in Salesforce. We give you two reports which are shipped with the package, Late Tasks in Viewpath_PM 4 and Incomplete Projects in Viewpath_PM 4.
You can create your own custom reports using the following steps:
- Click "New Report".
- Type "VP4" in the search bar. The results will show VP4_Projects and VP4_Tasks. Select VP4_Projects to use Project-level data, or VP4_Tasks to use Task-level data.
- Click "Create".
- You’ll see a list of available fields on the far left. Remove the column labeled VP4_Task:VP4_Task Name. Using this column makes it appear you can edit the data, which is potentially confusing to your users.
- Now drag and drop the information columns you want to have included in your report. Do not use the fields which show VP4_Task: preface.
- Once you have the Report created, save the report.
***Note: If you want to sort by task or project "Type" use the Type column under Activity Selection, NOT under VP4:Project Info.
You must apply a grouping to this report. Select the column of data you want grouped:
You can then save your Report and pull your Reports in to create Dashboards.
- From the Reports tab, click "New Dashboard"
- Set up the Dashboard components you want. To add the Viewpath data, under DataSources, open Report you created, or use one of our reports. Drag the report onto the chart, and fill in the remaining pieces, such as name.
- Save the Dashboard
Don't forget to double check the access level settings you select on both Reports and Dashboards. This will determine if others can see them or not.