**This page is for Salesforce Administrators**
Step 1 -- Package Installation
- To install the Viewpath PM 4 managed package, first login to your Salesforce instance as an Administrator.
- After logging in, select the package installation link:
*If you're installing in a sandbox, use this link:
*If you’re installing into an org that uses a Custom Domain, add from /packaging to end of URL after yourDomain.my.salesforce.com.
Example: after .com add /packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t1J000000cuLE
- Choose “Install for All Users” and then select “Install”. Permissions are controlled at the project/task level, so please install for all users so there are no permission clashes with Salesforce.
On the subsequent popup screen, select “Yes, grant access to these third-party web sites” and then choose “Continue”.
Once installation is complete, you'll see the following screen. Do NOT click the Setup Viewpath Synchronization at this time. We'll complete this step shortly. Click Done to complete the installer.
Step 2 -- Post-install Configuration (Lightning Experience)
1. Click on the App Launcher and select Viewpath_PM 4, then follow the instructions in the message below:
Per user authorization is not supported. Contact your admin for support.
Instructions for admin:
1. Setup > Apps > Connected Apps > Manage Connected Apps > Edit Viewpath4 > OAuth policies > Permitted Users, select 'Admin Approved Users are pre-Authorized' and click Save.
2. Then go to Setup > Apps > Connected Apps > Manage Connected Apps > click on the link Viewpath4 > Profiles (towards the bottom of the page), click 'Manage Profiles' and select the checkboxes for the profiles you wish to use Viewpath 4. " Click "Save".
Select the “Viewpath PM 4” application from the Apps menu:
2. If you are using Classic view, the “Viewpath PM 4” tab will be the default tab selected. If you are using Lightning, click on the "Viewpath PM 4” tab.
3. Click the "here" link to start a trial subscription. For details, see this article. Once you have landed on the page confirming your subscription, you can refresh your Salesforce browser tab, and you should now see the Viewpath 4 "Projects" tab.
4. Click the 3-bar icon in the upper left of the Viewpath 4 application, and click Settings > New Organization . Create an organization.
After you create your organization, click the "i" icon in the upper right of the Members tab of your organization (you'll land on this page after creating the org). Copy the unique org ID created by Viewpath for you. In the example below, the unique ID is caralabsone.
5. Configure the sync process between Viewpath and Salesforce: if using Salesforce Classic, click the "+" and choose "Viewpath PM 4-Setup"; if using Lightning, open Apps, type "Viewpath" into the search bar, and select "Viewpath PM 4-Setup".
6. Click "Setup Viewpath Synchronization" button and click "Allow".
7. Enter the Organization ID you created earlier (this will be all lowercase), your email address (not an alias, even if installing into a Sandbox), and your Viewpath 4 password.
Upon clicking Connect button, you should see a success message “You have now completed setup of the Salesforce synchronization of your Viewpath project and task data.” Any other message likely indicates you either didn’t enter the Organization Id correctly (must be all lowercase) or the email / password did not match what is in Viewpath 4.
8. **Only if you will also be using our version 3 Viewpath_PM do you complete this step.**
On your Salesforce tab, click the "+" and choose "Viewpath PM Configuration". If using Lightning, open Apps, type "Viewpath" into the search bar, and select "Viewpath PM Configuration". Enter information not pre-populated, and click "Activate Installation". Wait for the confirmation message that the installation was activated, and then click "Authorize API Access". This will enable your Viewpath 3 project and task data to be pushed into Salesforce.
Congratulations! Your Viewpath project and task data will now be available for Salesforce triggers, workflows, reports and dashboards.
If you already have projects shared with you, you will see them on this screen. Otherwise, you can set up new projects (just click the "+") to create a new project. See details on project creation here.
9. To add a Viewpath project to Accounts and Opportunities, you can configure your own page layouts through a few simple steps.
- Go to Setup > Customize > Accounts > Page Layouts. Pick the page Account or Opportunity page layout that you would like to configure. For this demonstration, we chose the standard “Account Layout” page. On the page layout screen, select Fields → Section and drag a section onto the page where you would like to display the embedded Viewpath Project view.
- Give the section a name. We chose “Viewpath Project”. Select 1-column and check “Detail Page”, “Edit Page”, or both, depending on your preference. Choose “OK”.
- Still on the page layout editor, select Visualforce Pages. You will see the “VP4_AccountControllerExtension” Visualforce page on the right.
- Drag the “VP4_AccountControllerExtension” Visualforce page to the section you created in the previous step. The following selections work best for the embedded project displays.
- Click “OK” and then “Save” on the page layout. You should now see the embedded project view on your page layout. Repeat the above steps for the other page layouts that might be used by your team members.
- You can choose which project to associate with this embedded view. You will need to create a project from the "Viewpath PM 4" tab, unless you have already been added to a project(s), so you will have a project to choose to connect.
Once you have connected a project, the project details can be fully edited from the Account page.
10. Duplicate the above steps for Opportunities adding to the Page Layout(s) both a section for “Viewpath Project” and the “VP4_OpportunityControllerExtension” Visualforce page.
11. You might also open Reports and try the 2 reports in the Viewpath_PM package (one for Projects in Viewpath_PM 4 and another for Tasks in Viewpath_PM 4). Note: for data to appear in these reports, you may have to make some changes in the Viewpath project. The sync of these changes should happen within 1 minute of your changes.
Congratulations! You are now ready to enjoy Viewpath 4 in Salesforce.
You may either use the tab ‘Viewpath PM 4’ or the embedded view in the Account or Opportunities, and our sample reports for Projects and Tasks.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.