Here are some fast and easy ways that you can save time as you work within the Viewpath application:
1. When selecting multiple rows, you can click and drag down the row to select more than one consecutive group of rows. All the tasks will be highlighted.
2. To select non-consecutive rows, hold down the Ctrl or Cmd key, and click the checkbox for each row you want selected.
3. Change data on multiple tasks at once by selecting all the cells then typing in the data. For example, select multiple cells in the % column, hit enter, and type in any value. That value will appear in all the selected cells.
4. The arrows move all selected tasks. Make sure you have all the right tasks selected first.
5. If you indent a task (move it to the right by clicking ) the task above it will become a bold "Parent Task." A Parent Task displays a summary of all the data of its "Child" tasks.
6. Don't forget about the Undo button if you make a mistake!
7. Copy and Paste data into multiple cells. For example, if you have three people listed in the Assigned cell on a task, simply click on that cell, type Ctrl C (to copy), then select any other Assignments cell and type Ctrl V (to paste), or use the copy and paste icons in the toolbar.